Everybody who is over 12-years-old have to wear a mask covering nose and mouth in crowded public places (public transport, cinema, shopping centers and streets etc) where distance of 1,5 m can not be kept.
From 09 October following new measures need to be taken in Belgium:
- Everybody may have close social contact (distance less than 1,5 m without wearing a mask) with three people (under 12 years old children not included). These 3 persons need to be the same during the following month.
- Up to four people can be invited to family gatherings (under 12 years old children not included) besides the ones already in one’s “social bubble”.
- Up to four people can spontaneously gather on the street.
- Cafes and bars must close at 23:00 and only four people are allowed to sit at one table.
- Maximum number of participants for inside public events is 200 and for outdoor events 400.
Due to high infection rate in Brussels city, following additional measures apply:
- Cafes and bars must close for one month. Restaurants stay open, but must close at 01am.
- Drinking alcohol in public spaces is forbidden.
- On-site consumption is prohibited at markets.
- Amateur sports competitions take place without an audience.
- Sports clubs must close their restaurants.
From the end of September Belgian Coronalert application for phones is available.
More information and latest news on info-coronavirus.be.