Personal details updates

Every Estonian national has the obligation to update his/her data in the Estonian Population Register. If you gave birth, got married, divorced, changed your name or moved in Belgium or in Luxembourg, you need to provide the Embassy with this information.

Birth or marriage

An original document (international birth or marriage certificate) should be sent to our Embassy together with a copy of your passport or ID card (and a copy of your spouse’s passport in case of marriage). The original document will be returned to you within a couple of weeks after your data in the Estonian Population Register has been updated.


An original international certificate should be sent to the Embassy. A divorce certificate may be substituted with a certificate provided for in Article 39 of the Brussels II Regulation. The certificate is issued by the authority performing the divorce.

Change of address

In order to register your new place of residence in Belgium or Luxembourg, please fill in the application form and send it to the Embassy either digitally signed or by post (please add a copy of your passport or ID card).