Archimedes Foundation in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Research of the Republic of Estonia announces the application round of the 2020 Compatriots’ Scholarships program. The deadline for submitting applications is May 1st.
The Compatriots’ Scholarships program supports:
- The degree studies of young expat Estonians enrolled at Estonian public universities, higher education institutions and vocational education institutions. The study scholarship supports students enrolled full-time to the study programme taught in Estonian language;
- intensive Estonian language studies for one year of young expat Estonians at the University of Tartu. The aim of learning the language is to enable expat Estonians to start their studies in the Estonian language curriculum after completing their studies.
The scholarship includes:
- a one-time settling in allowance;
- a monthly subsistence grant during studies;
- travel grant (travel expenses for travelling home and back twice a year);
- extra scholarship for good academic performance, paid once a year;
- state fee for residence permit and health insurance, if necessary.
The scholarship is available for expat Estonians with secondary or higher education or its equivalent, who have not lived in Estonia permanently for at least five years (except if they have moved to Estonia for the purpose of studying during the year preceding the application).
The application must be submitted via the electronic application system (https://taotlused.archimedes.ee) no later than May 1 (application will be blocked on May 2, 0.00).
Applicants must submit the following documents (either in Estonian, English or Russian):
- signed formal application;
- a curriculum vitae;
- copy of the document certifying the acquired education (diploma with the transcript of grades) or extract of the study results of the graduation class of high school and the copy of the certificate of the penultimate class;
- copy of the personal data page of passport;
- copy of the document certifying the Estonian origin (birth certificate, parents’ or grandparents’ birth certificates, etc.);
- recommendation letter (from the representative of the Estonian Society, community, Estonian language teacher, other teachers, supervisor).
The contact person for the Compatriots Programme at the Archimedes Foundation is Ms. Anne-Ly Võlli (e-mail: email@example.com, ph. +372 6 999 397).