Due to spread of coronavirus and growing pressure on hospitals, federal government and the governments of the federated states have decided in the Consultation Committee to implement a stricter lockdown.
- Families can only invite 1 person to their home at any one time, with whom they have close contact (suppression of rule of four). An exception can be made for people who live alone: 1 extra visitor allowed.
- Gatherings outdoors: rule of four, with social distancing.
- Restaurants and bars must close for one month. Take away is allowed until 22:00.
- Non-medical contact professions (including make-up artists, wellness centers, massage parlours, beauty salons) are closed.
- Where homeworking is not possible, face masks and ventilation are mandatory at workplace.
- Hotels and B&Bs remain open, but restaurants and bars must close.
- Funerals are allowed with up to 15 attendees. Without catering or reception afterwards.
- Marriages can only take place in the presence of the spouses, witnesses and civil registrars.
Previously implemented measures still apply. Read more on measures against coronavirus in Belgium.
Government’s decision eases some restrictions.
- Shops selling non-essential goods start work again. Shopping must be done alone not more than 30 min.
- Museums and swimming pools open their doors. Rest of the entertainment sector will remain closed.
- Starting from 13 February hairdressers start working again.
- Starting from 13 February zoos may open outdoor areas.
Comprehensive list of all restrictions can be found on info-coronavirus.be.